When the time comes to have your roof replaced, there are several concerns that arise. One of the main ones is whether you can stay in the house while the roofing contractor is working.
The simplest answer is yes. Many roof replacements in Bethlehem, PA, happen without forcing the homeowners out.
Great roofing contractors understand some of the challenges that come with owning a house. Raising kids, paying the mortgage, working on utilities, and many other expenses can be quite overwhelming. Hence, you want to save as much as possible on any home renovation project, and hence, moving to another place is not an option.
What to Expect During the Roof Replacement Process
Most roof replacement projects can be done easily without sending the homeowner out. However, there are several things to keep in mind:
There will be constant banging
You will have the roof replaced easily, but expect to deal with too much noise. During roof replacement, there will be a lot of hammering, moving materials, talking, footsteps, and all kinds of noise in your home.
And that is why many homeowners prefer to stay outside when the roof replacement begins. If you are not very comfortable staying close to noisy areas, this is not the ideal condition.
Luckily, there are a few things you can do to avoid the noise and allow the roof replacement project to continue smoothly. Here is what to do:
- Consult your roofing expert to start with one side of the house. This leaves the other part free from any disturbance.
- Use noise dampeners. Most homeowners will put on earplugs and similar materials to stay away from the noise. A good roofing company may also recommend other ways to avoid noise.
- Move to the basement. Another great idea would be moving to the basement. It may still be noisy, but not as much as when you are directly under the roof.
So, be ready to deal with noisy scenarios while replacing the roof. If you have no problem with that, everything should be ok.
If you must stay home during roof repairs, prepare to deal with falling objects. This will happen a lot, especially when the old roof is too damaged and everything has to be replaced. The roofing job will involve a lot of parts, which may be dangerous.
So, apart from dealing with loud noises, this debris can give you a stressful time. It can turn into a nightmare scenario if you don’t plan it well from the beginning.
Luckily, the best roofing contractors will always find a way to keep your house safe. For instance, they will ensure the ceiling is properly installed and strong before starting the roofing project. This should make staying home much easier.
Aside from that, you can:
- Move to safe spaces for a few days until the work is completed.
- Ensure your indoor and outdoor furniture is properly covered during the reroofing project.
- Stay outdoors during the day and move inside only when the day’s work is done.
Falling debris can cause serious damage and injuries. Ensure proper precaution is taken before work begins. Consider the additional rules, like staying off active paths and work areas until the work is completed.
Other members of your house
If you choose to stay home during a roof replacement project, think about other members of the family living under the same roof. This is a key takeaway when it comes to managing the project properly.
Where are the kids? How will the pets react to all the commotion and noise? What about other people in the home?
Some may find it hard to stay inside during the process. It could be a great idea to consult and let them know what will happen. Those who choose to stay home should be ready for the outcome.
Whatever you do, the safety of your house matters more than anything else. Here are some tips to help you stay safe:
- Keep off the contractor’s path. Find a safe place for your children and pets, and ensure they don’t come near the work area.
- Stay outside during the day. If you don’t have anywhere else to go, stay outside as much as possible.
Your aim should be to keep things happening the way to want in a safe environment. Discuss with your roofing contractor at the beginning of the work, and stay at home only if you are sure.
Know how long it will take
Many homeowners choose to stay home during roof replacement projects when they know how long it will take to fix the new roof. A qualified roofing contractor may take a few days to complete the task. So, get ready to deal with the conditions mentioned above.
Several factors will determine your overall experience during this process:
- The weather. A homeowner facing storm damage will be very concerned about the weather. If the days are rainy, it might be a good idea to find somewhere else to move your valuables as the roof is being replaced.
- The materials used. Some materials are easier to install, and hence will only take a few houses in a day, and the job is don’t. Others are quite demanding and will require more time.
- Quality. It is better to give your roofing contractor an easy time completing the project. If you are sure you won’t the way, there will be no issues when you stay inside during the replacement process.
Do You Need a Roof Replacement Service?
Wind damage, old age, and other issues may force you to require a roof replacement service sooner than expected. The simple answer to the problem is hiring a qualified roofer.
Contact “In The Light Roofing” by calling (484) 553-0213 today and get your roof fixed. You will be issued a free estimate as we create the best schedule for you.
Here are a few things you can do to ensure your shingles last long:
Our Service Area
Don’t see your home on the list but live nearby? Call us to learn if we can meet you at your address! Our representatives will always go the extra mile across the counties to serve our community – if you need roofing construction services in Whitehall Pennsylvania, we’ll strive to provide them.
Call now for a quote.